- Performer:Bobby Hutcherson
- Style:Post-Bop,Soul Jazz,Jazz Instrument,Vibraphone/Marimba Jazz
- Date of release:1975
- Size FLAC version1423 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1155 megabytes
- Size WMA version1992 megabytes
- Formats:XM MPC AIFF DXD VOC MOD
Producer: Dale Oehler. Main genre: Jazz, Blues. Was sampled in 30 songs see all.
2014 Live From Montreux Jazz Festival, Switzerland, 1973.
Marimba, Vibraphone – Bobby Hutcherson. Producer – Dale Oehler. Producer – Allen Levy, Nduyanu Bernard Comas. Recorded at the Record Plant, Los Angeles, Ca. on Aug. 12 & 14, 1975. Montara (LP, Album). Blue Note, Blue Note. BST 84 522 G, (BN-LA551-G-0798). Montara (CD, Album, RE).
Listen free to Bobby Hutcherson – Montara (Camel Rise, Montara and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last. Little B's Poem", from the album Components, is one of his best-known compositions. Hutcherson influenced younger vibraphonists including Steve Nelson, Joe Locke, and Stefon Harris. Bobby Hutcherson was born to Eli, a master mason, and Esther, a hairdresser. Hutcherson was exposed to jazz by his brother Teddy, who listened to Art Blakey records in the family home with his friend Dexter Gordon.
1. Camel Rise Lyrics. Recorded in sunny . Hutcherson’s hometown, in 1975, the album was an enticing blend of hard-driving Latin grooves, funky Fender fusion and lush, soulful ballads, all tinted with mid-7Os style and flair (can you dig it?). The session brought together seasoned jazzmen Blue Mitchell, Oscar Brashear, Ernie Watts, and Larry Nash alongside Latin heavyweights Willie Bobo, Victor Pantoja, Bobby Matos, Rudy Calzado, Johnny Palomo (mis-billed as Paloma) and piano titan Eddie Cano
More albums from Bobby Hutcherson: Live At Montreux by Bobby Hutcherson. New View! by Bobby Hutcherson. Stick-Up! by Bobby Hutcherson. Happenings by Bobby Hutcherson. Cirrus by Bobby Hutcherson. Components by Bobby Hutcherson. Linger Lane by Bobby Hutcherson. Oblique by Bobby Hutcherson. View all albums . Montara. 3. (Se Acabo) La Malanga.
Bobby Hutcherson - Montara. Download MP3. Bobby Hutcherson.
Biography by Steve Huey. Daring jazz vibraphonist who expanded the instrument's role with speedy tempos and often dazzling harmonic maneuvers using four mallets.
CreditsGeorge Cables - Composer
Rudy Calzado - Composer
Bobby Hutcherson - Composer, Primary Artist
Eddie Martinez - Composer
Tito Puente - Composer
|1||Camel Rise George Cables||Bobby Hutcherson||5:35|
|2||Montara Bobby Hutcherson||Bobby Hutcherson||4:58|
|3||La Malanga Rudy Calzado||Bobby Hutcherson||4:17|
|4||Love Song George Cables||Bobby Hutcherson||5:37|
|5||Little Angel Eddie Martinez||Bobby Hutcherson||3:55|
|6||Yuyo Bobby Hutcherson||Bobby Hutcherson||6:42|
|7||Oye Como Va Tito Puente||Bobby Hutcherson||5:08|